Best Earplugs And How To Choose In 2019 | What Are The Facts?
1.1 Best Earplugs and how to choose in 2019. What are the facts?
Google is the king of the world…the ability to learn information has never been easier, and that ability has allowed us as a species to learn and learn and learn…You get the point you’ve seen blog posts evangelizing the internet all over. But there is a caveat to my love of the internet, and that is the ease of which someone can put information into the world and become an authority on a subject, rank number one and not truly have very much personal experience in a certain subject.
In the case of what we do, which is hearing protection, there is a lot of these non-expert experts owning the space because like crusaders, they were first to land and claim the plot as theirs. We have made it our mission as of a year and a half ago to start talking.
We’ve spent the last 15 years delivering great products to our customers that work and spreading the message of hearing conservation to all walks of life — and doing the walking ourselves before we claim to be experts in our field. In this post, we will from experience offer suggestions that if applied by whoever’s reading this will allow you to find the right hearing protection for your individual lifestyle. And that right there is where I want to begin.
Table of Contents
Best Earplugs and how to choose in 2019. What are the facts?
- There is no “best” there is only what works for you. That’s what determines the best hearing protection…its the one that you wear that works. Not the other way around.. someone who claims to have found the best earplugs does not know what you do in your life, only you know that. You can refer to experts(Including us here at Big Ear), but you have to understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking for something that will only filter the sound? Or are you looking for hearing protection that will eliminate the sound and muffle massive decibels because of where you work? Or maybe you are looking for something that will allow you to listen to your music and provide hearing protection. So part one of this read is to go look in the mirror and ask yourself, “What am I looking for?”
- Part two is to try absolutely everything! The best approach that we’ve seen is the individual who applies the scientific method and seeks all manner of earplugs(Starting with the cheapest foamies) and working their way up the ladder to triple flange earplugs then wax earplugs then to heat and mold and finally to custom hearing protection if they still haven’t found something that works for them. I can state that custom earplugs are the best but who the heck am I to tell you that unless you’ve tried everything and you’ve seen for yourself because something else might be the best for you.
- Part 3 is to put the hearing protection to use for an extended period of time. You’ve gotta really put all kinds of hearing protection through their paces. Some are great in certain environments but too much in others, some are comfortable for short periods of time but suck after a few hours and others work great. Some may claim to work, but as we’ve seen recently, major corporations can supply faulty hearing protection.
- And that takes us to part 4 you have to understand the decibels you are facing. There are products that claim certain dB reductions, but if you are wearing a single filter reduction filter that takes down 20 decibels with no non-linear filter and you’re standing in a 120 dB environment, you are still being fully dosed at 100 dB. So understanding the output, you need an earplug to provide you with is crucial to your protection.
- And that leads us to Part 5 you have to educate yourself on hearing damage and hearing loss. Whether it’s from our website or all over the web, you have to understand how the human body interacts with decibels and what’s the exposure levels and time you face on a daily basis. Only then can you start searching for the Best Earplugs and how to choose in 2019 and what are the facts out there…but that’s why Google is so wonderful.
I have faith that you will be able to find the right product for your life, but if you are having difficulty, we are here to help. We don’t just want to sell you our products (Although we won’t push you away) It is our goal to help the individuals who turn to our company find what they are looking for no matter what. We travel the world attending trade shows sparking conversations in order to gain insight on who uses what products and why. At these events, we put our ear to the ground (Pun Intended) to figure out what people are looking for and how to deliver that product the best we can.
Notice: Undefined index: wrapShares in /home/bigearin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mashsharer/includes/class-mashsb-shared-posts-widget.php on line 99